Friday 19 November 2010

Why You Need to Track Everything

Yesterday I talked about the secret to unstoppable motivation – results. Today I want to talk about how to guarantee you actually yield results

As the most expensive strength coach in the world paid upwards from $2485,00 for private consulting (don’t apply, I’m full until 2011), one of the very first things I do with all my StrongLifts Platinum Members is force them to build the habit of tracking their training and diet daily. Here are some reasons why I do this:

No more guess work – we have accurate data to track progressIncreased motivation – by looking back at progress as the weeks go byIncreased knowledge – we learn what does and does NOT work for him

During my early bodybuilding years I never bothered about tracking training data. I just went to the gym, did the same exercises every week and tried to lift more weight. But I didn’t write anything down. It was a huge mistake.

All that changed when I switched to strength training in late 2004, 1 year after I discovered the 5×5 method through Glenn Pendlay MS. That’s when I started to track every single workout – exercises, sets, reps, weight, feeling. And I’ve been doing that ever since with my training, and then with my private clients.

It only made sense as I was already doing this with my finances – I can show you exactly how much money I earned, spent and saved every single month of the past 7 years, incl. when I was still working for “Corporate Belgium”.

As a small business home based entrepreneur, I can show you every single stat of StrongLifts.com since I started this website in May 2007. I know for example that I’ve reached over 15 million of guys from

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment