Thursday 11 November 2010

An Unusual Way to Lose Fat

Last Wednesday I showed you how to gain weight by waking up early. Today I want to talk about how waking up early can benefit losing fat.

What’s the most important thing for fat loss? Diet –  most guys don’t have the time to burn significant calories through exercise so you will have to eat less to achieve a caloric deficit. Note that you do need to build muscle first (training).

The challenge is that most prepacked foods have misleading labels and contain hidden calories. It keeps amazing me how some guys will eat an organic donut, not understanding that a donut remains a donut – friggin’ junk.

The only way around is to eat whole foods 90% of the time and cook your own meals like my SL Diet advises. But since you probably don’t have the time to cook several times a day (I sure don’t), you’ll have to batch cook your meals.

Now what’s the best time to cook your food?

Every productivity book will tell you the secret to getting things done is to do the most important thing first thing in the morning. Here’s why: the more you procrastinate, the less likely you are to get it done. Add that most guys just don’t have the patience to cook after a rough day at work.

That’s why you have to wake up early. In fact, when I was still employed and commuting 2h/day, I cooked my food for work every single morning. During those 5 years I was still living at my parent’s place, and it bothered the hell out of them and my brothers (not my dog somehow) to wake up every morning with the smell of my eggs cooking. But I assure you it got me the body I wanted.

You will say – “but Mehdi, I hate waking up early!” And I will ask you, once again, what do you hate most? Waking up early OR staying fat? Smart guys they give this a 30-day trial before making a bunch of excuses.

There’s another way waking up early benefits fat loss, but that’s for tomorrow.

Email This • Get Free Updates• Print

3 Responses to “”John says:November 2, 2010 at 2:16 pm

That’s when I lift. I will have to start batching my meals out on Sunday and maybe do again Wednesday evening. My wife really helps for meals but doesn’t always pack me the things I need to eat that day this may make it easier.

Surge says:November 2, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Same thing – I usualy do all my cooking on Sunday with some additional help from my roommate and my GF during the week.

Another great benefit of waking up early is that more time you’re awake and active, more calories you’ll burn.
As simple as that.

Meat says:November 5, 2010 at 5:13 am

A wise man once told me the #1 most important thing I needed to do for success was to wake up early. It was truly on target for me, because waking up on time has perhaps been my Achilles heel. If you have the willpower to get things done, it wont matter if you don’t give yourself enough time in a day. And there’s nothing like a good morning workout for burning fat and building muscle. Thanks for another great blog post Mehdi.

Get my FREE eBookDiscover how to gain muscle and strength WHILE losing fat in only 3 workouts per week. Click here to get my book.

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment